Update Bike 2

Well after a series of unfortunate events and the loss of my bike tools in the mail I had to resort to a bike mechanic to finish fixing my bike.  I choose the nearest bike mechanic that I had been to earlier to buy some of my bike supplies, thinking yeah he was macho but whatever he'll get the job done and you'll have your bike back quickly.  Turns out he is quite the jerk, I shake my fist at his buisness when I pass it.

I took my bike elsewhere and happened upon a very professional un-macho bike mechanic in St.Rémy.  First I asked about his other bikes for sale, about 50 which he had for sale for reasonable prices.  When he checked out my bike he said "whoa this is 40years old, this is...this is collector, this is...cool.'- as he was checking the wheel for straightness.  I said, ' I know'-with a smile.  He had it fixed up In two hours and I paid 1/3 the price of other mechanic (jerk) even with a throw in new tube and shift cable. I took it home and oiled the chain, attached my lights and cargo pannier bags, straightened the fenders and conditioned the saddle again.  The crappy part was that the makeshift washer for my front brake broke the piece that it rested against, which means I need to get a new front brake, but I can get by for now.  

*update*

Went to Cycles Robert and bought a center mount side pull front brake, had to replace the cable and housing too but it works great.  




Got this basket at the local co-op, gonna strap it onto my rack when I go grocery shopping.  

Passion vélo-Christophe ( St.Rémy de Provence)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chitis Cuisine

What to do in the event your wallet is stolen

La CAF- or complaining enough to get some money from the government