At it again

Hello everyone,

The news is true, I accepted (and was accepted for) an English teaching assistant position in France.  Here is a link for more info about what I'll be doing.  I decided that since I like vineyards and lavender fields so much I would once again go to... the very northernmost corner of France!  You'll get the joke later on.  I was offered the position in the Nord-pas-de-Calais region right along the border with Belgium.  I've only just recieved the news so ALL the paperwork will follow this summer (visa, work contract, contacting the congregation, apartment, new credit card, health care...etc da di da di da.).  I will begin teaching the 1st of October and finish April 30, so I'll probably leave sometime mid-September.  I'm hoping to land in Lille the capital of the region, some reasons I think Lille would be awesome:


1)  They have the reputation of being friendly 
2)  Flemish-language/architecture 
3)  The food looks yummy
4)  It seems like a laid back city
5)  Some bike tours go through it in April.  woot woot!
6)  It's a major train depot (including a connection to Avignon!)
7)  It's close to England/Belgium...etc for easy traveling
8)  It is historically a coal mining region, so I hope to be with some real salt of the earth hardworking people, I'll fit right in working my long 13hr work weeks ; ).

Same URL, same title, different story.  No longer am I 'Sur le pont d'Avignon',  I thought this occasion called for a new 'so fresh and so clean' blog makeover.  I hope to keep posting some interesting things so make sure to keep checking in and keep commenting.        

Lille

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chitis Cuisine

What to do in the event your wallet is stolen

La CAF- or complaining enough to get some money from the government