The Scarlet Letter

I've started driving which was crazy at first, but you figure it out.  Near Avignon there are two bridges and a millionbazzillionquardrillion lanes and loop de loops and roundabouts that quickly change from taking you to the TGV train station, around the city wall, to ikea, back to where you started, the center of town (you don't want to do that), or on the way to a plethora of other towns ( orange, carpentras, nîmes, arles...etc.). But the style of driving I can handle, it's fast and furious, but it reminds me of Mario cart; really everyone drives a little crazy, but it's tolerable because people seem to be alert and ready to stop, and if you are scared to death you put a giant A in your back window.  It stands for apprentice, as in someone who only has their permit, but it basically means take it easy on me I don't drive crazy, anyone can buy a giant red A to put in their back window.  The other sign stands for someone with their permit but still needs to be accompanied by an adult.  

Suppositories...

I had a head cold, and after buying some medicine at the pharmacy, tea, resting, trying not to eat pastries (perhaps failing, what can you do when you're offered pain au chocolat?), and not getting over the cold I kept hearing one dreadful word, suppository.  I think the French even know it's ridiculous but they kept telling me 'if you really want to get rid of that head cold take a supository and zoop it will be gone'.  Who invented suppositories I ask?  Who tried this out for the first time?  The same goes for alcohol who decided one day to drink the putrified seeping juices of last year's barley?  Anyway, one person explained to me supposedly why suppositories work so well.  You have a main artery in your derrière and the medication goes into your blood stream more effectively.  So there you go, maybe one day I'll be sick as a dog and I'll see this as an option, but a head cold nawh.  
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chitis Cuisine

What to do in the event your wallet is stolen

La CAF- or complaining enough to get some money from the government