Baguette Burn

This post is dedicated to those of us back home whose mouths are more accustomed to eating soft oatmeal bread, or perhaps even wonder bread, rather than baguettes.  

Def.-baguette burn: a state of painful rawness in the mouth due to a change in diet; specifically due to the consumption of large amounts of baguettes.  

This was something I was not expecting.  You might know about me that I like to make my own rustic bread, with a crunch worthy crust.  So before coming here I did not expect to have a sissy mouth, well I did.  Imagine the first week, I was so excited to be surrounded by delicious freshly baked bread that everyday for lunch I had a sandwich made from baguette and served every meal accompanied with a fresh baguette with butter or some olive oil.  * mental image of Emily with shining eyes, grabbing a baguette sandwich with two hands, biting into it like an alligator *.  

The good news is that after weeks of eating baguettes, accompanying nearly every meal, you develop a hardy French bread eating mouth.  All the better to eat baguettes with my dear.  Just know that if you are coming to france you might want accustom your mouth to hardy crusty breads so you can fall right into the rhythm of eating baguettes when you arrive.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chitis Cuisine

What to do in the event your wallet is stolen

La CAF- or complaining enough to get some money from the government