Episode #1 Bicycling

My bicycle is coming along, as of right now I'm waiting on my tools to come from Germany in order to finish up fixing it.  But so far I've removed all I can, washed and gotten rid of all the grease and rust, touched up the paint job (using two mixed nail polishes), used rubbing compound to liven up the color, waxed the frame, overhauled the headset, conditioned the saddle, and I've bought all of the new parts.  I'm excited to use it both as a French town speedster as well as a grocery carrying mule.  Hopefully before I leave I can either sell it or give it to someone special.      

As for my bicylcing adventures I've been having a blast.  I've been checking out other towns nearby so I've seen Pujaut, Rochefort du Gard, Saze, Tavel, Aramon, Valliguères, and Pouzilhac.  All have been nice bike rides except for my horrible escapade of getting lost in the mountains yesterday.  Going up switchbacks and down switchbacks, roads around here don't say that they're dead ends.  I accidentally extended my bike ride by 15 miles.  I was sunburned and hungry with shaking legs and a time limit.  A pretty ride that was pretty hard.  I actually passed the Uzès (a bigger town nearby) cycling club, on my ladies' mountain bike, as they proudly took pictures of themselves at the top of the mountain.  All of this is biking is good though, I need to work myself up to the 80km bike ride straight up Mt.Ventoux.  I see it's snow covered peak every time I go out for a ride, it's going to be a killer.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chitis Cuisine

What to do in the event your wallet is stolen

La CAF- or complaining enough to get some money from the government